Your landscape has a big impact on your property, whether it’s your home or your business. A good landscape design can help to improve your property’s curb appeal. Not only can this help to improve the value of your property, it can attract more customers for businesses as well. However, a good landscape design is highly dependent on a good landscape designer. There are a lot of different landscape designers out there, some of which are better than others. The following are ten tips for choosing a high quality, reputable Charlotte landscape designer:
- Ask friends and family for referrals – One of the easiest ways to begin finding landscape design companies is by asking friends and family who they use. Be sure to take a look at their property before taking their word for it. If they suggest a landscape designer and you don’t like how their landscape looks, you might want to ignore their recommendation!
- Look at online reviews – Do a little research to figure out what the overall reputation of a landscape designer is by checking online reviews at sites like Yelp or Angie’s List. Remember, most companies aren’t going to have flawless track records. Even the best of the best may have one or two negative reviews. Be sure to compare both positive and negative reviews to get a good idea of their reputation.
- Check the Better Business Bureau – Find out if there were any complaints about the landscape designer submitted to the Better Business Bureau and whether the company did anything to address those complaints.
- Check the landscape designer’s website – A high quality landscape designer should have a high quality website. A huge part of a landscaping designer’s job is to make something look aesthetically pleasing. If their site looks bad, it’s a bad sign. Most landscape design companies should have examples of their work on their site as well.
- Ask each landscape designer for referrals – A reputable landscape designer should have no problem giving you the contact information for a few of their previous clients so that you can ask them about their experience. If they refuse to give out referrals, it’s a bad sign.
- Compare experience – The more experience a landscaping company has, the better. It means they know what they’re doing and will be better equipped to figure out solutions to any landscaping problems that might arise. Also, landscaping businesses that have been around for a while generally have a good reputation.
- Ask about eco-friendly practices – Make sure that they use eco-friendly landscaping practices. Eco-friendly landscapers often use compost, make a genuine effort to conserve water and avoid the use of harsh chemicals.
- Compare cost – While you shouldn’t choose a landscape designer based on which services are the cheapest, the cost can matter if you’re on a budget.
- Ask about licenses and insurance – Make sure that the company you decide to work with has the appropriate license to perform the landscaping work you need. Never choose a landscape designer that doesn’t have liability insurance either. You want to make sure that they are financially responsible should your property be damaged in anyway during the course of their landscaping service.
- Ask about affiliations, certifications and awards – Different affiliations, certifications and awards are a good sign of a landscaper’s reputation as well as the quality of their work.
These are ten of the things that you should look for when searching for a reputable landscape designer that does high quality work. Be sure to contact us at Natural Streams in order to find out more information about our landscape design services in the Charlotte area today.